I Love Being A Grandma

Never a Boring Day
Each Day a New Blessing
I Am a Unique Grandma Because Each Child is Unique

Thursday, January 4, 2018

Sewing- My Unusual Step in Publishing

Time has flown since my last post.  I could say I wonder where the time went, but I know where most of it was spent.

Many of my fellow writers spent October facing a blank computer screen or paper, writing everyday and building their stories.  Others prepared for NANOWRIMO (National Novel Writing Month,) and the challenge of writing 50,000 words during the thirty days of November.   I hope they felt my encouragement as I replied to their comments on Facebook.

 I also spent time in October working on my Princess Jelisa stories, but it looked it little different.  During the first of the month I edited the story I had chosen to publish as the 8th book, and formatted the basic wording of the book I had in mind. I was hoping to publish the book by the week before Halloween, and was so far on schedule, with the next step being the illustrations. Under normal conditions I may have made my personal deadline, but not this time.

I love sewing.  I used to sew a lot, making clothing for my husband, my five children and myself, as well as things to make our home more presentable or comfortable.   Over the past year I had found a few hours,  when my granddaughter was not using the sewing machine,  to sew a variety of outfits for the dolls I had purchased.  At the time, I didn't really know exactly how I would use the dolls or the clothes they would need.  I still don't know how or when I will use what I already have.

Although the dolls have a variety of outfits, I realized they did not have the right outfits for the particular story I was hoping to publish in October.   In the story, I described several costumes which the children wore to Prince Taylor's Halloween celebration, most of which they did not have. So as part of publishing I now had the opportunity to enjoy the creative experiences of sewing some fun costumes, or adding pieces from former outfits to  make them part of a costume.  

In the end I ended up sewing all or part of the following costumes:
  • Pirate
  • Witch
  • Cinderella
  • Clown
  • Victorian Vampiress
  • Doctor
As part of sharing my writing experience, it seems appropriate to share the outfits either as I create them or as I use them in the stories.   Please feel free to submit your comments regarding the writing or sewing shares.  

  



No comments:

Post a Comment